Introduction to this chapter
Background Information for Our Sample Scenario:
For the example used in this part of the tutorial, the follow actions have taken place:
- The teacher is on a focused evaluation plan (C3).
- The District Administrator of eVAL has selected settings that allow the evaluator to over-ride the district settings for reports.
- In addition, the following has taken place.
- The teacher has completed a self-assessment and shared it with the evaluating principal.
Student Growth Goal (SGG):
- The teacher has responded to the SGG prompt (C3).
- The teacher has written a SGG for C3.
- The principal has scored (but not packaged) the SGG and has signed off on it.
- The teacher has submitted artifacts that <hopefully> provide evidence of achieving the goal.
- The principal has not packaged or scored the teacher’s SGG evidence.
- The principal has conducted two observations, and has scripted the activity.
- The principal has collected evidence from each observation.
- The principal has not packaged the evidence.
- The principal has not scored the evidence.
- The principal has not scored the observation.
- The principal has marked each observation as complete.