Using Perception Surveys w/o Evaluations
If your district would like to use eVAL to allow teachers to build Perception Surveys, you can do so without having to use eVAL for evaluations. The following steps are required before a district can use eVAL for Perception Surveys.
- The District Security Manager needs to setup EDS accounts associated with the eVAL application for the following users:
- Teachers: each teacher that wants to create Perception Surveys should have an EDS account associated with eVAL and in the role School Teacher at their building.
- Principals: each principal at a school where teachers will be creating Perception Surveys should have an EDS account associated with eVAL and in the role School Principal at their building.
- District Admin: there needs to be at least one District Admin that will be authorized to perform administrative tasks within eVAL. They should be associated with eVAL in the District Admin role at the district building.
- The District Admin needs to set up the principal/teacher relationships in eVAL. This involves assigning a principal as the evaluator for the teacher and selecting an eval cycle (Comprehensive or Focused). Eventhough your district won't be using eVAL for evaluations, this step is necessary because teachers cannot log into eVAL until this setup is complete. See the following article for more information.
Once these steps are complete the teachers can login and access the Perception Survey section from their workarea menu. Instructions for using Perception Surveys are here.