Creating District-wide Observation Conference Prompts
This article assumes that you are logged in as a District Administrator and are working in the Admin Teacher Evaluations work-area within the Prompt Bank section. If you need help changing to this work-area please see How to Change Work-areas.
Prompts can be created at three different levels: district, school, and evaluator.
- District-wide prompts: prompts created by a district administrator will be available to all principals in the district.
- School-wide: prompts created by a school administrator will be available to all principals in the school.
- Principal prompts: prompts created by a principal (within the Evaluate Teachers work-area) will be private to the principal.
If a principal is also a school administrator, then the principal will need to choose the appropriate work area (Admin Teacher Evaluations for school admin or Evaluate Teachers for evaluator) to create prompts for school-wide or personal use.
1. Navigating to the Prompt Bank section for Teacher Evaluations.
2. Create a new Prompt
Click the Add New Prompt button to start the process.
3. Create the Prompt
- Enter the Prompt text.
- Decide whether to require the prompt. If this checkbox is checked, the prompt will be automatically included in all teacher observations created in the district. Note: Any observations that already exist before this checkbox is checked will not be changed. This setting only applies to observations that are created after the prompt was set to required.
- Click the Done button to save the new prompt.