How does a principal use the dashboard?
As soon as a principal selects a work area, eVAL will display the menu and the pages for the selected work area. The default page for all work areas is the Dashboard page.
The principal's dashboard at-a-glance:
The default page for the selected work area is the Dashboard's Yearly Status tab page for that work area. This page provides an overview of all activity for the teachers or other staff that you evaluate.
- When the Dashboard is the active menu, a green marker will appear to the left of its icon on the menu.
- If there has been new activity for any of the teachers since you last signed into eVAL, you will see a NEW orange notification appear for the teacher(s). See the image below. Please note: The icon for the NEW notification is not hyperlinked; it is simply an icon. To view the actual NEW activity represented by the icon, click on the green View button on the right of the orange notification.
Another type of notification is a green ACTION REQUIRED icon, which alerts the principal that s/he needs to do something.
Viewing a specific teacher's dashboard:
If you are using the eVAL tool to evaluate a specific teacher, follow these steps:
- Use the drop-down menu in the menu bar, and select that teacher's name.
- The same NEW orange notification will appear for that teacher.
- To drill down further and learn more about what that notification means, click on the hyperlinked text that is to the left of the notification.
Clicking on the hyperlinked text takes you further down the page where you can find more information about the actual NEW activity that has taken place for that module (in this case, Self-Assessments).
- A short statement that describes the new activity will be displayed by the NEW icon.
- If you wish to drill down further to see the teacher's actual work, click on the green View button in the right column.