Teachers can create Perception Surveys within eVAL to gather perception data from their students. The eVAL Survey section, and any survey results, are private. Your evaluator does not have access to this section of your evaluation.
If you would like to share the results of any of your survey with your evaluator, then a PDF of the survey results can be generated and uploaded within eVAL as an Artifact.
Creating a New Survey
- Navigate to the "Prepare for My Evaluation" work-area.
- Click on the "Perception Survey" section on the left navigation menu.
- From the Perception Surveys dashboard, click the "Add Survey" button to create a new survey.
Configuring a New Survey
- Create a unique title for your survey. The title will be displayed on the survey report and will allow you to differentiate between multiple surveys.
- Select survey statements. A Perception Survey contains a grid of statements that are all answered on a 5 point scale ranging from Strongly Disagree to Strongly Agree. The statements are pre-defined and aligned to your district's instructional framework. Your task as the survey creator is to select the statements you want to appear in your survey.
Selecting Survey Statements
As you can see in the following screenshot, the available statements are organized by your district's instructional framework. Just check the statements that you want to include.
Filtering to Show Selected Statements Only
You can filter out any un-checked statements by changing the dropdown above the table to "Show Survey Statements Only".
Previewing the Survey
If you would like to see what the survey looks like from the student's perspective, click on the "Preview Survey" button.
The screen will change to show the student survey layout. When you are finished previewing, click the "Edit Survey" button to return to the survey editing page.
The next step is to open the survey up to students. See Opening Surveys